Tuesday, December 1, 2009

H.G. Wells Time Machine Model - Work in Progress

Work in Progress:
This is a photo of my H.G. Wells Time Machine Model that I am in the process of building.
The Chair:
The chair is made of balsa word, dowel rods, beads and tooth picks. I finished it with some walnut stain and a couple coats of polyurethane. The cushions are foam covered in red velvet material.
The Base:
I cut the base out of some craft plywood with a coping saw.
The Railings:
5/32" Brass tubing is the material I am using for the railings. It is a real challenge trying to bend it because it springs back rather than holding its shape. I used a trick of filling the tubing with salt to prevent kinks during the bending process.

Stay tuned for more details.

1 comment:

  1. How are you progressing with your Time Machine model ? It is now October 2010.

    I hope you don't feel you have "all the time in the wurld" !!!

    ReplyDelete